Feelings of disappointment, struggle, loss of self-confidence, persistent hunger and yet no results are a common part of the weight loss process. Face it – we all have tried to lose a couple of pounds at some point in our lives, but the question is how many of us have actually succeeded and how did they do it? If you did not know until now, you could use Phentermine in combination with a healthy diet and regular exercise at home or at the gym, to achieve great weight loss results.
To find out more about this amazing weight loss drug, please do read the following article and the ones that we have also dedicated to the topic before. But what we want to focus on today is the safe use of Phentermine and the potential withdrawal symptoms that occur as a result of the misuse and abuse of Phentermine.
Protect your physical and mental health and achieve the great results that Phentermine guarantees you, but first – educate yourself on the topic of withdrawal symptoms of Phentermine and how to avoid them with today’s article!
Phentermine – the best weight loss drug
Declared as the best weight loss drug in the United States, Phentermine is currently the best friend to men and women battling obesity and overweight, and most importantly, winning that battle with the help of Phentermine (1). Phentermine is not a magic pill of course, but what it is – an appetite suppressor and an energy booster, sets Phentermine pretty close to the line of being a magic pill, that is for sure. Encouraged to be used in a combination of a healthy diet and regular exercise plan, Phentermine delivers great results to the most dedicated ones to winning the battle against obesity and weight loss.
The only downside of Phentermine – it is meant for short-term use, over the period of 12 weeks and nothing more, at least not without a pause in between. But that sure does not change the fact that we are talking about a weight loss drug that is loved among doctors and patients nor the number of satisfied patients for sure! Phentermine is the number one weight loss drug that combined with a healthy diet plan, and regular exercise guarantees amazing results! But is it safe to be used?
Is it safe to use Phentermine?
To answer your question – yes, Phentermine is safe to be used, and there is no doubt about it. When used according to your doctor’s instructions, respecting the prescribed dose and only in the period that is recommended by your doctor, Phentermine does not pose a risk to your physical and mental health. However, one thing that every Phentermine user should not ignore is the possibility of experiencing potential side-effects.
The potential side-effects can occur if and when the patient does not take the prescribed dose according to the doctor’s orders. The side-effects are also expected to develop if the patient is perhaps suffering from some other health issue at the moment (2). Patients report experiencing the following side-effects, classifying them as the most common ones:
- Sleep problems, especially insomnia
- Digestive problems, especially nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
We remind all of our readers and potential Phentermine users to respect the prescribed dosage and contact their doctor if they experience any changes in their physical and mental health, especially one of the previously mentioned side-effects.
Do not risk your physical and mental health by abusing Phentermine because side-effects for the misuse are not the only danger that poses upon your health. There is also the problem of potential withdrawal symptoms when Phentermine has been abused or not used correctly. Find out more about this issue in the following article.
The potential withdrawal symptoms of Phentermine
Phentermine is available only with a valid doctor’s prescription, but why is that the case? There are millions of different weight loss drugs sold all around the world, with most of them being available for purchase without a prescription. However, that is not the case when it comes to Phentermine, and the reason is – possible addiction and a struggle with withdrawal symptoms.
In the following, we will discuss the most common withdrawal symptoms that patients who have developed an addiction to Phentermine have reported to experience after they have discontinued their use of Phentermine.
- Depression – It is not unlikely for patients who have stopped using Phentermine to experience the characteristic symptoms of depression such as feelings of sadness, loss of appetite, loss of interest for the everyday activities and hobbies, insomnia, etc. Please do contact your doctor if you experience any of the depression symptoms to prevent any further complications and mental health issues.
- Insomnia – Insomnia is reported to be a quite common side-effect but also a withdraw symptom from the use of Phentermine. Insomnia, or the inability to fall asleep, is unfortunately commonly met among patients who have been taking Phentermine. Since it is a nervous system stimulator, it is quite easy for insomnia to develop. Insomnia can also develop as a symptom of depression, which we have mentioned earlier.
- Weight gain – Phentermine is only meant to be used in a combination of a healthy diet plan and a regular workout routine. Patients who rely on Phentermine only to do the job without any greater effort on their behalf put themselves on the risk of experiencing weight gain as a withdraw symptom as soon as they stop their use of Phentermine.
- Fatigue – We already mentioned Phentermine being an energy booster, but discontinuing your use of Phentermine can lead to the opposite effect – extreme fatigue. Since there is nothing that enhances your nervous system stimulation and nothing that acts as an energy booster now, without the Phentermine, there is an opening for extreme fatigue to take place.
These are the most common withdrawal symptoms that have been reported to develop after a patient has discontinued his/her use of Phentermine (3). We encourage all of you Phentermine users out there to consult your doctor as soon as you notice any of these symptoms occurring and discuss your use of Phentermine. But why do these symptoms actually develop? Let’s find out, shall we?
How do the withdrawal symptoms of Phentermine occur?
The withdrawal symptoms of Phentermine occur in the same way that they occur in the case of any other drug really. They occur as soon as the individual has stopped their use of the drug only after they have used it long enough for a physical and mental dependency to be developed. Knowing that Phentermine is prescribed for no longer than 12 weeks, the withdrawal symptoms are to be expected after the period of 12 weeks. You see, as you continue your use of Phentermine you will start to notice as the effects of the drug wear off.
That is the first sign of your body creating tolerance to the drug that you are taking. In order to achieve the same results as before, you have to increase your dosage the next time that you take the drug – an action which is in no way encouraged when it comes to Phentermine since it is an action that increases the risk of Phentermine addiction and withdrawal symptoms (4). After all, one thing that Phentermine also is, apart from serving as the best weight loss drug, is being a highly addictive drug as well.
Unfortunately, it is also an action that is quite commonly seen among Phentermine users trying to continue achieving great results with Phentermine, most usually without following a healthy diet plan and exercising regularly in the meantime. In conclusion – any misuse or abuse of Phentermine will most surely lead to creating an addiction to it and experiencing withdrawal symptoms as soon as your treatment ends. But that does not have to be the case with you. In the following, we have shared some beneficial tips that can help you reduce your risk of Phentermine addiction for good.
How to avoid the withdrawal symptoms of Phentermine?
- Talk to your doctor – During your treatment with Phentermine, it is essential to discuss anything that might be worrying you and is related to your physical and mental health. Discuss any side-effects of withdrawal symptoms that might have developed and how to treat them as well as how to prevent them from developing in the first place. Discuss any worries that you might have about your Phentermine treatment, your dosage and any lifestyle changes that you can make in order to enhance your weight loss experience with Phentermine. Your doctor can recommend some great diet plans and workout plans as well that can help you in your battle against those extra body pounds.
- Do not stop using Phentermine altogether – When it comes to Phentermine, unlike most drugs, stopping its use completely is not an option, at least not if you are interested in preserving your physical and mental health intact, that is. The dosage of Phentermine should be reduced slowly and progressively as you come closer and closer to your 12 weeks of Phentermine use. Putting a stop to your Phentermine use all at once puts you at high risk of developing Phentermine withdraw.
- Establish a healthy sleep schedule – In order to reduce the risk of insomnia, but also to provide your body and mind with enough sleep and rest, we recommend you establish a good sleep schedule that will allow you to get at least 8-9 hours of quality sleep each night. Sleep is essential for preserving our physical and mental health, as well as, reducing the risk of numerous health issues.
- Create healthy habits for yourself – Use the time and help that are given to you during your treatment with Phentermine in order to create healthy eating and exercising habits that will help build a better you. By eating healthy and exercising regularly, you will improve your general health, lose weight, and reduce the risk of potential side-effects and withdrawal symptoms after you stop your use of Phentermine.
Phentermine is a great weight loss drug that has helped millions of patients so far, but only when it has been combined with a great weight loss plan and regular working out. Anything opposite to that is putting you at the risk of developing a Phentermine dependency and experiencing annoying and disappointing withdrawal symptoms. What is a rather pleasant weight loss experience it can quickly turn out to be a disappointing and even life-threatening experience quite easy? Do not put yourself at the risk of disappointment, depression, insomnia and weight gain among the other withdrawal symptoms – enhance your Phentermine and weight loss experience and get rid of those annoying extra body pounds once and for all!
Doctor/Medical writer/researcher/ Translator/MD/M.Ch/USMLE Plastic Surgeon at Ministry of Health & Population of Egypt